Provencher and Company is recognizing an exciting new phase of growth and opportunity for our company – made possible by a dynamic and changing marketplace. We are hiring an experienced salesperson to create opportunity in support of our portfolio of field services that include Property, Liability, Catastrophe, Business Interruption and Cyber Claims. We are making substantial investments in the growth of our Service business and individuals with the ability to be dynamic sellers will benefit from a strong portfolio of offerings within these expanding markets.
The Business Development Manager – Named Accounts evaluates business opportunities to optimize service offerings through understanding of targeted markets, market trends, new technology, client business issues and the competitive environment. Uses technical expertise and extensive industry experience to formulate strategies and identify new business opportunities. Assess potential application of offerings to meet client needs and prepare detailed solution specifications. Manages and develops the sales booking / revenue pipeline to achieve assigned quota.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grows service offering revenue within prospective new client accounts and existing client accounts by acting as a client advocate and interface within the Company; working with Business Unit Leads and designated resources in defining, identifying, and establishing programs, long-term and short-term strategies, and tactics for selling Company services; establishing relationships with accounts to thoroughly understand client’s business, mission, strategy, opportunities, etc.; visiting assigned accounts on a regular basis, and manage activities in compliance with Company budget expense guidelines.
- Identifies and establishes relationships with potential new clients or with similar corporate clients who will purchase like services to the Provencher portfolio of offerings
- Creates client value by acting as business consultant to clients’ key management; analyzing client strategic plans and requirements; advising clients on best practices & service applications to accomplish their objectives;
- Achieves annual sales quotas by working with Sales and Business Unit team members, Region Sales to obtain orders in all locations of assigned accounts; planning and organizing daily work; visiting and/or calling existing or potential sales clients; analyzing client requirements, strategic plans, and objectives and recommending solutions with Company products; keeping management informed through client relationship management system (SFDC) and regular communications.
- Ensures client satisfaction by coordinating with Sales Team and Service Management all requirements for fee schedules, quotes on proposed contracts for assigned accounts; recommending changes, appropriate pricing, or other special considerations; monitoring the sales order process from data collection through order acceptance to delivery; monitoring sales activity to ensure compliance with client agreed commitments; identifying and resolving client complaints, escalating as required.
- Recommends changes in services by evaluating product results; communicating client requirements not currently offered by Company to Marketing; maintaining ongoing understanding of current and future business conditions and sales offerings of industries, competitors, and related companies.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner; participating in team sales calls, proposal development, field Sales presentations, etc.; representing Sales at company approved trade shows, industry meetings, and respective lobbying organizational meetings.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
Degree in Business or related field and 5+ year’s sales/service business development experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the Services, and related markets is a plus along with experience in insurance operations. Experience in sales of services required. Experience managing major accounts preferred. Prior experience with Salesforce.com (SFDC) a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal/client relations, verbal, and written communications skills
- Ability to influence/persuade others and gain acceptance/approval of controversial or innovative ideas and concepts; ability to implement strategic plans
- Good negotiation, organizational, prioritization, and planning skills
- Ability to lead others to accomplish results; proven account management skills
- Good computer skills; self-confident; highly motivated; ability to work under minimal supervision; good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be willing and able to travel properly manage a market that will span multiple geographies and states
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS AVAILABLE:
- Medical, dental & vision coverage available
- HRA Employer Contributions
- Wellness & Incentive Program for Qualifying Enrollees
- Generous personal & vacation time policy
- Paid holidays
- Retirement Savings Plan: 401K
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
Please fill out the form below and attach your resume:
|Job Category||Sales & Marketing|