About Provencher & Company:
Provencher & Company is a dynamic organization supplying quality claims outsource solutions to insurance carriers, countrywide. There are many competing vendors in our marketplace, but we are not your typical “vendor”. Our company was built by insurance company claims executives to support insurance companies’ claim operations to help them meet their organizations goal of providing quality claims solutions at a reasonable cost.
We excel in providing professional, knowledgeable claims professionals to handle large losses, catastrophe claims, business interruption and daily property claims, as well as handle complete liability investigations, task assignments including scene investigations and property damage appraisals, construction defect claims as well as first party automobile claims for personal and commercial insurance policyholders.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN HAMMOND, LA. APPLICANTS MUST LIVE WITHIN A 1 HOUR DRIVE TIME OF HAMMOND, LA.
THIS IS NOT A LICENSED ADJUSTER LEVEL EXPERIENCE POSITION – PLEASE READ FULL POSITION REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
Our company is a nationwide provider of property and liability claims solutions including: daily and catastrophe loss adjustment; major claim management; business interruption claims handling; and expert litigation support.
Our employees are innovative, dedicated, hardworking, and reliable. We are resilient, collaborative, fast-acting, and share a passion to succeed. We create a diverse, inclusive and engaged workplace where everyone can achieve their full potential and enable the company to deliver innovative, industry-leading solutions. We leverage the diversity of our colleagues and business partners, promote the diversity of thought and inclusion of ideas, and foster an environment of engagement, fairness and respect; always striving to be an employer of choice.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary duty of the Claim Processor is to provide support to the account management team. The Claim Processor is responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the claim data and maintaining current and up-to-date records using our claim management system and various other management programs specified by our clients.
- Organizes assigned work and perform data entry/claim processing on large volumes of claims for commercial and residential property claims. Perform claim setup and entry, electronic imaging or indexing, preparation / entry of claim transactions, processing reports.
- Updates claims files and maintains, corrects and / or updates data using office technology.
- Answers and respond to email and telephone inquiries and gathers information.
- May perform mail / file functions. Utilizes the company system(s) to identify the appropriate recipient of correspondence within or outside the company. Sorts and distributes mail to appropriate recipient.
- May perform systems functions, including determining errors / corrections on company system(s).
- May assist in training less experienced Claim Processors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work as team player and exhibit professional behavior and a positive attitude with both internal and external team members and with clients that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with company policies and practices.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be capable of collaboration at all levels within the company, clients and with partners.
- Demonstration of Provencher & Company’s core values.
- Conflict management and resolution skills – must be able to build consensus and anticipate and solve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS AVAILABLE:
- Medical, dental & vision coverage availableHRA Employer Contributions
- Wellness & Incentive Program for Qualifying Enrollees
- Generous personal & vacation time policy
- Paid holidays
- Retirement Savings Plan: 401K
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Varies based on experience.
- Entry level experience begins at $12.00/hr.
- Room for growth in position and salary is available with experience.
- Normal business hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm
- Flex schedule is negotiable if it will work within the department needs
- Extended hours & weekend may be required during peak seasons
- Position is located in Hammond, LA.
- Remote work not available.
All candidates must pass a full background check.
Please fill out the form below and attach your resume: